How amazing does this dessert look?! Almost too good to eat. This is the first recipe I’ve seen that requires balloons as part of the preparation!
You will need:
1 1/2 pounds of semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 small round balloons
- melt 3/4 pound of chocolate. Cool about 5 minutes.
- Inflate balloons to 4-inch diameter; knot. Holding balloons by knot, dip into chocolate, tipping to cover balloon halfway up with chocolate.
- Place balloon, knotted side up, on wax paper-lined baking sheet, holding balloon in place until it starts to set. Repeat with remaining balloons to make 8 cups. Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3/4 pound chocolate and repeat dipping procedure; place in freezer 10 minutes. Snip hole in each balloon to deflate; carefully peel away from chocolate. Refrigerate until needed. Use the same day.
- For extra effect, drizzle ‘cups’ with contrasting color melted chocolate. Or for second dipping, use contrasting color chocolate, leaving part of first dipping exposed.
- Fill cups with ice cream, sorbet, chocolate mousse or fresh fruit such as raspberries or strawberries.
posted by Emily