I loved the cupcake wrappers so much from last Thursday’s blog that I decided to do a little more research on them. Whilst there are a number of companies offering decorative cupcake wrappers, one stood out proudly from the rest.
Located in Wisconsin in the US, Paper Orchid specialises in laser cut paper decoration which tend to be used at major events such as weddings.
Did you know ‘cupcake trees’ are becoming a new trend, replacing the traditional wedding cake? The individual cakes can even double as wedding favors!
Paper Orchid also makes special laser-cut favor boxes as well as matching invitations, envelope seals, and note cards. How sweet!
Posted by Emily
You might also like:
Posted by Katie. Filed under Food
| Tags: cupcake, event, laser cut paper, paper cutting, Paper Orchid, personalised, special occasion, special touches, stationary, wedding, wedding favor |
How amazing does this dessert look?! Almost too good to eat. This is the first recipe I’ve seen that requires balloons as part of the preparation!
You will need:
1 1/2 pounds of semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 small round balloons
- melt 3/4 pound of chocolate. Cool about 5 minutes.
- Inflate balloons to 4-inch diameter; knot. Holding balloons by knot, dip into chocolate, tipping to cover balloon halfway up with chocolate.
- Place balloon, knotted side up, on wax paper-lined baking sheet, holding balloon in place until it starts to set. Repeat with remaining balloons to make 8 cups. Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3/4 pound chocolate and repeat dipping procedure; place in freezer 10 minutes. Snip hole in each balloon to deflate; carefully peel away from chocolate. Refrigerate until needed. Use the same day.
- For extra effect, drizzle ‘cups’ with contrasting color melted chocolate. Or for second dipping, use contrasting color chocolate, leaving part of first dipping exposed.
- Fill cups with ice cream, sorbet, chocolate mousse or fresh fruit such as raspberries or strawberries.
posted by Emily